Sunday, December 26, 2010

I can't eat, I can't sleep....


This record also showed up under the tree...with my name on it. I'm afraid I don't know anything about it, or Johnny Love, or the Amethyst Garnets [???]. But it's very cool, and ultra intriguing. I'm thinking this might be a gospel band taking a day off from church.

Is that a steel guitar I hear? It doesn't quite sound like bottleneck work to me, but who could tell with musicians this skilled.

[Update: I'm perhaps being too misleading with this post. This record is without a doubt one of the stranger 45's I've heard recently. It's not often you'll hear an R&B band as indulgent of their own amateurism as this. And yet the song works in spite of it all, which in my book makes it totally brilliant. If this had been released in the 50's that would be one thing, but it wasn't. Check the date on the record label.]

Hope ya'll enjoy my new record as much as I do.....

2 comments:

  1. Before I head off into the unwified land till after the new year just wanted to thank you for all the excellent tunes you put out here for another year. Your blog is really one of a handful that I have become totally addicted to. A happy new year to you & yours.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. J....Thanks so much for the kind note. Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

    ReplyDelete