Saturday, June 4, 2011

I guess I'll live all by myself...


Gas Head [or Gashead] was the pseudonym used by Bobby Boseman on his first two singles for the Houston based Paradise label. Sir Shambling has more info, here, along with several other great Boseman sides you can listen to.

While I agree with Shambling that this 45 represents a lesser effort by a truly great deep soul singer, I still think it's got a couple of very cool tunes on it. In fact, if Boseman had only ever made recordings of this caliber he'd still have my attention.

Yep, the b-side's good too. But something's wrong here. Either I misunderstand the Boseman discography on the Shambling site, or a mistake's been made in the list, or I own a record that's not supposed to exist. The b-side of my copy is "Slow Down Young Lovers", which if I understand correctly, was supposedly never released until it showed up on the P-Vine collection of the same name.

Anyway, I'm confused. My copy sure looks like a regular release, but then again, maybe it's a bootleg?

Hope ya'll enjoy....

2 comments:

  1. Great tune. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase that old commercial: With a name like Gas Head it's got to be good.

    ReplyDelete