Monday, November 1, 2010

2:17 bring her back some day...


It's a rainy day....

Both my, and my husband's, family follow the tradition of visiting tombs on All Saints Day. We tidy up a bit, lay out fresh flowers....in some cases, leave a bottle of red wine.

This morning we visited both St. Louis 2 and the benevolent society crypts on Valence St. Very soon we'll head out by Lakelawn in Metairie where many of my relatives have been interred over the last 40 years.

But before the visit to Lakelawn, I'll make a stop at the Botanical Gardens in City Park. A much loved cousin/friend of mine's ashes are scattered in the rose beds surrounding the lily pond. I know I'll find at least three people there, probably more like six or eight.

One of those will be a very cute 5 year old girl whom I haven't seen in 4 months. I need to show her my baby bump. I'm hoping she'll be as delighted as her mama would have been.

I'm sure I'll wanna play something more cheerful by the end of the day, but right now.....

1 comment:

  1. I've been a fan of Jelly Roll Morton for many years, but I haven't heard this one in a very long time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete