Monday, October 25, 2010

It must be voodoo....



There's not much info around about Johnny Talbot [this is the only 45 credited to him as Tolbert]. He worked out of Oakland, and released 4 [?] singles, three on Jasman, and one on Modern. There may be another 45 I'm forgetting.

It's funny that he recorded so little, because I believe there was a good deal of fuss made over him in the press at one time. I've found a couple of mentions of him touring with various heavy-weights. That's all I know.

As much as I like slower grooves, to my mind it's the slightly faster instrumental b-side that's the real killer.

Hope ya'll enjoy....


3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, as good as the A-Side is the instrumental on the B-Side takes the prize. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both sides, but am perplexed - is he opening "part 1" by saying "part 2" ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, you're too smart by half.

    I screwed up, part 1 is the instrumental, part 2 is the vocal side. Thus the files are mislabeled.

    Probably not worth correcting at this point. Sorry folks.

    ReplyDelete