Friday, September 24, 2010

Que paso!, que paso!


Nice to have an excuse to clear out some of my backlog. Believe it or not, I don't actually carry 45's with me everywhere I go.

This record's supposed to be hard to find, but I wouldn't know anything about that. I stumbled on my copy without specifically looking for it.

The Prime Mates weren't a real band. It's Allen Toussaint with some studio musicians, probably a few members of The Stokes, the band he put together while in the army.

I'm posting Part 2 because I like it better than Part 1. The two sides are just different mixes of the same jam. On Part 1, the guitar is fuzzed out, but it's mixed so far in the background that the song suffers as a consequence. Part 2 is better, even without the fuzz.

Hope ya'll enjoy.....

2 comments:

  1. Excellent tune. I'm partial to instros, so this is right up my alley. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy a slice of prime Nawlins R&B such as this -- thanks

    ReplyDelete