Thursday, September 30, 2010

I tried the Hip Drop, and I like it....



I'm thinking it's been a good long while since anyone's dropped the needle on this bomb, that is, blog-wise. Probably since Eddie Bo died in March of 2009.

This is the only one of the three Explosions 45's that mere mortals are allowed to own. I know it's hard to believe, but I have yet to reach angelic status.

Maybe someday I'll be worthy of a copy of "Garden of Four Trees", but at this point it eludes me even though I-want-it, I-need it, I-must-have-it. I swear, every night I pray for a copy.

A very nice M- copy of "Jockey Ride" was offered to me quite some time ago [a guy in Europe had a stash of them], but the price tag was $400. In other words, totally out of the question for a poverty stricken grad student. Actually, there's no way could I afford it even now. One does occasionally have to be realistic, even though reality sucks.

Anyway, enjoy ya'll....this is one jam that should always be available.


8 comments:

  1. One of the finest Bo jams! Also one that I don't own unfortunately. Some day it will come my way. Just like you, I have nightmares that someday I will own every record I've ever wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great share, Ana. Wow, 255 bit rate in MONO! You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on looking, looking, looking! You know the drill, we find things sometimes when we least expect it....like today I found the 45 for "Fair Play" by Diamond Joe at a local store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love songs that have that "party atmosphere" background. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog. I've been enjoying your compilations that Twilight Zone has been posting. Thanks again for the great music (reminds me of the New Orleans of my youth)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Garden Of Four Trees" - I love that title, any idea of it's meaning? And what a great record (I only have it on CD of course)

    Colby: I'm turning green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two more killer sides. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete