Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yeah, yeah, give me you...


Because I mentioned the song "Ya Ya" in the last post, here's the b-side of that record. It's also been awhile since I played my "let's post a semi-obscure Lee Dorsey/Allen Toussaint tune" game. This one qualifies on that account as well.

Just because some of Dorsey's recordings were issued on New York labels doesn't mean they weren't recorded in New Orleans. As I said in the last post, the musicians on this side were the crew behind A.F.O. records.

And....there's a certain Mr. Toussaint lurking in the background. I kind of doubt that's him on the piano, as he was under contract elsewhere, but I'd be very surprised if he didn't do the arrangement, and as you can see from the label, he wrote the song [N. Neville was his pseudonym].

1 comment:

  1. Great game - we all win that one.

    Thanks for this sweetness, sugar in my tea, etc.

    ReplyDelete