Sunday, February 19, 2012

Boogaloo Mardi Gras...



The Endymion parade rolled last night even though the weather yesterday was dicey. And it was huge. The paper said 27 floats long.

Fortunately, it's much nicer out today. We caught both Thoth and Iris earlier and Bacchus is starting up right now. We're only a couple of blocks from the parade route but I let Daddy and Baby Girl go without me just so I could have a little time to myself.

Once again I'm gonna piggyback onto one of Dan Phillips old posts. His links are dead, so I'll provide the music.

I own the local Seven B release of the 45, but this copy is much much cleaner....and since it's one of the most unlikely records ever released on Capitol, it just seems fitting to feature this pressing.

As Dan points out in his piece, the sides of the 45 were reversed on both issues, so I'm posting them "backwards".

Hope ya'll enjoy.....Pt.2, Pt.1.



No comments:

Post a Comment