Friday, September 25, 2009

I like what ya do, but a litte dab goes a long way..



I tempted to say these are the flip sides to two of my favorite singles, but that's not quite right. Ya see, they wouldn't be favorite singles without these two songs on the flip. Perhaps ya get my meaning?

I'm not sure whether the basic track common to both songs was recorded before Allen Toussaint went into the army, and was thus pulled out of the vaults for re-cycling in his absence, or Toussaint himself knowingly re-used the track later.

Either way, it's hard to imagine not liking any song with such a sweet groove and ultra cool sax part...

Funny thing is that I bought both these records on the same day with no idea at all that the b-sides were related.

Enjoy

[The Dorsey side has a tiny skip. Scratches are one thing, skips another...]



No comments:

Post a Comment