Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm glad about it...

[Oops, sorry about that. I've added a link.]

I'm sure I've read about the ACR "KNO BEL" label somewhere but can't seem to find any info at the moment. My impression is that it was the Austin Tx. equivalent of the New Orleans based Booker label. Or at least the business model was similar. Portable tape recorder for hire, church meetings a specialty.

Beautiful label design isn't it.

I particularly like the screams from the congregation.

Hope ya'll enjoy....

4 comments:

  1. The label looks like something you'd find on an old 78 from the 1920s. Striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACR = Austin Custom Records. In the '50s to mid '60s they were called Echo. Then Austin Custom, finally just ACR. It was just a vanity label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wired For Sound...Thanks for the info. Obviously I had no clue what the letters meant. Any idea what the "Kno Bel" refers to?

    ReplyDelete