Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm not tight with any girls I know....


A friend up by Austin sent me his rip of Lee Tillman's version of "Fortune Teller". Seems he just bought it. Thanks for saving me the trouble hon. Your copy even sounds better than mine [but mines prettier, sot].

The Michelle/Montel label was owned by S.J. Montalbano and operated out of Baton Rouge. He had a little studio for cutting demos in his fathers food distribution warehouse, which if I'm not mistaken is still listed as the address for Montel Records.

Truthfully, I'm not sure I don't like this version better than Benny Spellman's original. Whoever arranged those horns deserves a kiss.

Hope ya'll enjoy....

4 comments:

  1. im glad to help. now that i contributed to the blog without being badgered into it could I please have my fable2 back? fable3 sucks and i need some quality time with my xbox.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks Bones... for all your posts. Grande Tillman!.

    JM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. And you're right - killer horns.

    ReplyDelete