Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ninety nine and a half won't do.....

Here's some teaser footage from the yet to be released film "By And By: New Orleans Gospel At The Crossroads".

I feel really bad about this, but I somehow missed the film's Kickstarter campaign this past spring. I can't imagine how that happened. I've been keeping an eye on this project for a couple of years now. Such a shame that they didn't make their goal. A double shame that I didn't promote it here....'cause I certainly would've/should've.

Anyway, it looks to be a great film. Hopefully it'll be finished soon.

James Williams Sr. [guitar, vocals] is the last original member of the Crownseekers, but that doesn't mean the present line up is somehow inferior, 'cause it ain't.

Probably just a stylistic thing, but I'm seriously wondering if Mr. Williams didn't play/sing on the record I posted yesterday? I found info online that says he auditioned for the Southern Bells in the early sixties, but not whether he was ever a member. This would have been before the formation of the Crownseekers in 1965.

If anyone has more info, please pass it on.

Hope ya'll enjoy. It's a killer clip.



No comments:

Post a Comment