Friday, February 12, 2010

I've been livin' on chicken and wine....


I considered doing a Mardi Gras mix, but honestly, I just don't have the time. My schedule for today/tonight has been thoroughly trashed by the re-scheduling of the Muses parade. Basically, I'll need a time machine to make it through all I'm obligated to do in the next six hours. Wish me luck.

If ya just gotta have a Mardi Gras mix, head on over to Second Line Social. Gabe's got a very nice two-parter posted. There's a few rare ones included.

Here's a song that hardly anyone pays attention to. The record's cheap, the recording itself is a one-take affair....and yet it suits how I feel at the moment.

This is what I consider to be a real Mardi Gras song. Meaning, not a song written about Mardi Gras, but rather a song written for Mardi Gras.

From 1960...Allen Toussaint is at the piano...


No comments:

Post a Comment