Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Makes me feel so good...


A lot of Lee Dorsey singles go for pocket change....and perhaps tellingly are often worn out, virtually played to death. It's awful hard to keep a good record off the turntable, isn't it?

But ya know, price doesn't always reflect scarcity...and certainly it has no bearing at all on how good a record is or how much you might enjoy it.

Me?...I love Lee Dorsey, and am proud to own even his most overplayed, common as dirt singles. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I take it as a bonus if a record I love can be had for under $5.

$2 is even better.

I doubt very much that this Dorsey record is rare, but it took me longer than I expected to find a copy. I play it almost every day. It cost me $4.

As a side note, I'm often struck by how closely Toots Hibbert of the Maytals must have listened to Wonder Woman.....it sounds far too similar to much of Toots' post-prison output to be a coincidence.

Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment