Monday, May 24, 2010

Take inventory before you decide...


I've picked up a lot of nice records for cheap recently, but I think this one qualifies as Score Of The Month.

It's the more common of the two records Skip Easterling made with Eddie Bo, "The Grass Looks Greener"/"Keep The Fire Burning" [Alon labels are impossible to scan even when they're not worn]. I've held off buying the 45 until now because I think copies are usually overpriced given that it's not that hard to find one.

Yep, I can be very cheap, but I never expected to find a copy in a thrift store for $2.50. It was so filthy that I couldn't tell if it was scratched or not. I had to wipe it off and then hold it in the sun to read the label. But hey, for $2.50, I figured I could take a chance. Turns out it's a pretty nice copy, one that's seen more abuse in storage than in play. I bet if I run it through a VPI machine, half the pops will disappear.

Seems like everyone who owns this 45 has posted it at one time or another, but mostly, it's been the more upbeat side, "Keep The Fire Burning", that's offered. I happen to like "The Grass Looks Greener" better. Such a beautiful song. Written by Eddie Bo.

Hope ya like...

No comments:

Post a Comment