Monday, August 27, 2012

Some joke 2....

By the time everything was packed up this morning, it was clear that I was heading for Austin. We undoubtedly would've been fine in various places around the state, but ya know, while you're at it why not just drive till you're well out of the line of the storm? Even simple power outages are a problem when charged with the care of an infirm elderly aunt and her totally obnoxious peekapoo, "Cinders".

And then there's the little problem of the free-ranging mess known as "Baby Girl".

So, yeah you rite, I weenied out and headed for the one place I knew I'd be able to get a warm bath over the coming week. My Boy along with various relatives [including my father] have decided to stay in New Orleans. I am, of course, very concerned.

While Mayor Landrieu is quite correct in saying that Isaac is not Katrina and that the city is far better prepared that it was......I, like many others who don't have access to major News outlets, are completely spooked by this storm. If nothing else, you can put it down to being 'once bitten'.

But then there's also the graphic issued earlier today by the National Hurricane Center which shows Isaac becoming a hurricane shortly after midnight tonight, and reaching wind speeds of 90 to 115 miles per hour 24 hours later.

Wind speeds of 100 mph may not be the same as wind speeds of 150 mph, but it's still not-good no matter how you look at it.

That's right, Cat 2 pushing towards Cat 3.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Stay Safe, & go rock your yourselfs to sleep. Hope its not as bad as predicted.

    ReplyDelete