Friday, March 11, 2011

I gave you a little kissin' one day and you got carried away...


The amazing Miss Lavelle White. I can't say I own every 45 she cut for the Duke label prior to 1964, but I should. I've seen her perform a few times and I gotta tell ya, she's a gas. All of 80 years old and still got a voice. A seriously sweet and funny lady, I love her to pieces.

She's put out several really nice albums over the past 15 years. I believe they're all still available. You should check 'em out. If a collection of her older recordings has been issued, I haven't run across it. Anyone know of a comp I've missed?

Hope ya'll enjoy....and check out the clip below. I think it's from her 80th birthday bash in Austin [???].

1 comment:

  1. Great tunes! thank you and keep them coming...

    check out: http://dudebehindtherecordcounter.com

    ReplyDelete